Two more All Start Freezer meals tested and highly approved
Sour Cream Noodle Bake:
recipe made for the freezer meal club by Holley Cugnet
from: The Pioneer Woman
- 1-1/4 pound Ground Chuck
- 1 can 15-ounces Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 8 ounces, weight Egg Noodles
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1-1/4 cup Small Curd Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 cup Sliced Green Onions (less To Taste)
- 1 cup Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown ground chuck in a large skillet. Drain fat, then add tomato sauce. 1/2 teaspoon salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Stir, then simmer while you prepare the other ingredients.
Cook egg noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese. Add plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Add to noodles and stir. Add green onions and stir.
To assemble, add half of the noodles to a baking dish. Top with half the meat mixture, then sprinkle on half the grated cheddar. Repeat with noodles, meat, then a final layer of cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until all cheese is melted.
Serve with crusty French bread
Cracker Barrel Meatloaf
Recipie made for the freezer meal club by Tracy Roberson
Ingrediets: (Tracy did not add the cheese in ours)
2/3 cup milk
32 Ritz crackers, crushed
1/2 cup chopped onion
4 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat eggs. Add milk and crackers. Stir in onion and cheese. Add ground beef. Mix well. Shape into a loaf.Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard to make topping. Spoon half of the topping over the meatloaf after 30 mins of baking. Return loaf to oven for 10 more mins of baking. Spoon the rest of the topping over meatloaf, return to oven and bake for 5-10 mins more.
My question for you is this: Who is ready to make a freezer meal your family will love?