Today we have another AWESOME guest blogger! Our friend Stacy used to see my posts about Stitch Fix and one day decided to apply to work for them! She loves it and we love that she has taken the time to blog about her job and give everyone tips! I can honestly say after a year of doing Stitch Fix, I am still loving it! I have been in a “I can’t get this weight off rut”, but low and behold a fix will arrive with all the right items.
Hey there, The Skelly Twins followers! Thanks to Corrin and Christa for letting me take over for the day, and thanks to you for taking the time to read!We ALL know that person. That super stylish friend who invites you to brunch and, immediately, beads of sweat start forming on your brow because you just know you are going to have to up your game. You are going to have to roll up those sleeves and dig through your closet to find a cute outfit to wear. You glance down at the yoga pants and tee you are currently sporting (HA! As if you are actually doing some sort of sport other than running around after kids or grocery shopping). You long for the days when these pants will be acceptable for all occasions. Sidenote – Thank the Lord we don’t live in Montana. Am I right, or am I right?!Well, that is where I come in. Well, I should say, that is where the company I work for comes in. I am a remote stylist for Stitch Fix, Inc. If you have not heard of this, you are a hermit, living in the woods, and should set off a flare or something. We will come rescue you ASAP. Stitch Fix has been featured on Fox Business News, on ABC’s Good Morning America, and in InStyle magazine, just to name a few. We just celebrated SF’s 4th birthday this past week, and I couldn’t be more thrilled to be a part of such an amazing company!!
How it Works:
- ALWAYS leave feedback. Even if your feedback consists of ‘This is the most terrible, horrible, no good, very bad piece of clothing I have ever laid eyes on.’ We WANT to know that is how you feel. Tell us how it fits, how it feels to your touch, how it moves on your body, how you liked the pattern/cut/color, etc. All this is fantastic information that will help you get better items in your next Fix.
- When selecting your ‘Avoids’ in your profile, try to be open. Some people avoid so many colors that they think they hate, but it really limits what we can send, due to the algorithm our system uses. If you think green makes you look like the Grouch, then mention it in your profile notes, but don’t ‘avoid’ it all together. There will be different shades that may appeal to you, or items that have a mix of green in them. You can always go back later and choose to avoid that color in future Fixes. This also goes for material types. Polyester is not your grandma’s polyester anymore, ladies! Don’t shudder at the thought of wearing something that was popular in the 80’s. We have come a long way since then and many beautiful items are made out of (or with) this material.
- Remember that there is another person on the other side of your Fix. We are real people, doing our best to pick out items for a person we have never met. We have feelings, too. We may send you something outright disgusting. Please tell us…but please be nice. If you don’t keep 4 or 5 items, you will be getting a new stylist the next time (unless you have requested a stylist specifically, or you have a long history with a certain stylist) who may understand your style a little better. So, we apologize in advance. We do NOT mean to make you look like that, for real. We ALWAYS want you to look your #bestself. I promise.
- Please know that we do not have a magic well. We do not drop a bucket down into it, let it fill up with EXACTLY the items you were hoping and wishing for, and then pull it out and ship it to you. We welcome requests, ideas, and hopes for what you would like and are looking for, but sometimes the inventory just isn’t there. Our buyers and merch team are fantastic as anticipating the needs and wants of you fashonistas, but we can’t possibly have every single item, that every single woman wants, every single time she has a Fix scheduled. Trust me, I wish we could.
- One word. PINTEREST. This is such a helpful tool for us stylists. You will answer some questions during your style quiz that will help lead us in the right direction of your style genre, but seeing examples of outfits that you love really helps so much more! Join Pinterest and create a board just for Stitch Fix, or use the My Style board that is already there for you. You will have the opportunity to link your Pinterest to your profile, and if you can’t figure out how that works, copy and paste your board link into your notes. We will greatly appreciate it! If you don’t know what Pinterest is…again….FLARE GUN. Seriously!
- Think about your budget and be really honest (with us and yourself). We totally understand if you want ‘Cheaper the Better’ for all items. Just also remember, some of these items are exclusive brands to Stitch Fix, and many of the other brands are also top name, and great quality. We will do our best to find you things that are inexpensive, and reasonably priced. Just be sure to mark it on your calendar if you are expecting to love everything! You deserve a treat now and again! You also have the option to do this once, occasionally, once a month, or every two to three weeks. You decide!
- I lied about there being six tips….HAVE FUN. This is a fun experience that is supposed to make you feel your best self. You have the opportunity to have items sent to your home, where you can try them on in your bedroom, without that horrible lighting of a dressing room, and see how these items would incorporate with your wardrobe. Try everything on, and ENJOY it. Worst case, you only like one item. You get to ship the rest back for free, so take advantage.Being a Stitch Fix stylist means I get to sit on my couch, cuddled with my dog and my computer, and go shopping. Every day, y’all. I love reading about my client’s upcoming trip or event, picking out the items she will love, and then imagining her confidence when she walks into the room and starts tallying up the compliments she receives. This really is the best job in the world.
Below is a link where you can start on this fun journey of fashion at your doorstep. Click the below link to get started!!
Thanks, again, for reading and I hope you enjoy your Fix! Here is me, in one of Stitch Fix’s awesome summer dresses from last year! XOXO~ Stacy (feel free to visit me at http://puzzlepiecesandpotatoes.blogspot.com/)