I will admit that I’m not a big “toy” person. When my mom asks what the girls want for birthdays and Christmas I always say clothes. This changed recently after we discovered the best toy ever, Magna Tiles!We were visiting my in-laws in Austin over the Thanksgiving break and took them to the children’s museum. The museum had these tiles and my kids loved them!!! Once we got back into town, I started looking for them thinking they would make a great Christmas gift. Once I saw the price tag (32 pieces-$51.00, 48 pieces-$78.00, 74 and 100 pieces- $110.00 on up) I changed my mind. I could not justify the expense since we have every block and building piece imaginable (Legos, Lincoln Logs, Mega Blocks, Etc.). I continued to keep my eye on the tiles and even when they are on sale they were pricey (anything over $20.00 is expensive to me). Things changed when my mom sent Sophia money for her December birthday. Since I was not technically using my money (sorry mom) I decided to take the plunge and get them. I picked up the 74 piece set from Target and was excited to see how the girls liked them. Saying my kids liked them is an understatement! They LOVE them! In the few weeks we have had them, all three of the girls have spent hours playing with them. I decided to write a blog on all the great things about them and why I think people should spring for them, despite the cost (my only complaint).
Top Reasons Why Our Family Loves Magna Tiles:
- They are easy to use (the magnets are very kid friendly).
- They are easy to clean up because they stack flat.
- The quality is top notch (you get what you pay for).
- They will last for years.
- We can add to the set so that the girls can build larger projects.
- These tiles are educational because they allow kids to create three dimensional projects.
- My kids have fun competitions where they are engaged for long periods of time (always a plus).
- Sometimes you can find them on discount websites for a very decent price.
- They are colorful.
- Kids of all ages enjoy playing with them.
So there you have it, all the reasons why we love these magnetic tiles. If you are considering buying them, you could start with the smaller number, but will eventually want to add more tiles.