Guys, you are welcome!
Forward this blog to anyone who you think may need help this Christmas.
Christmas is about the celebration of the birth of Christ. It is very easy to get wrapped up in the materialism part of it. Hopefully you and your family can spend some time reflecting on this.
…but for the materialistic part of the holiday….
- For you significant other, you should buy at least three things:
A thoughtful gift
A girly gift
A practical gift
2. Less is sometimes better. Put more thought into few gifts than a bunch of filler gifts.
3. You do not have to spend a lot of money (or any) to give a wonderful present.
Examples from all price ranges: If you click on the links, we have picked out a few different choices if you need some help.
Thoughtful: Think about your girl. What is she into? What is important to her?
- A love letter
- Framing family photos: Get your digital family photos and print some out. Go to Hobby Lobby (make sure you get them when the are 50% off) and buy frames for them. Sometimes girls don’t want to always have to be the historian.
- Experiences: Think about something fun your wife would love to do (cooking classes, wine tastings, beer tastings, pottery painting, etc). You can go onto Groupon and find tons of experience related items. Here is an example. Another example is the Texas Beer Bus Tour (Sidetone: A group of guys in our neighborhood got together and planned a mom’s night out for their wives (hotel, childcare, etc).
- Gifts that keep giving the entire year: Wine club, sock club, A subscription to Stitch Fix
- What does she collect? Add something to her collection
- BEST GIFT EVER: A notecard wrapped up that says “This coupon is for you to go out to lunch and a movie for the date of ______. When you come back, all of the Christmas will be boxed up and put away.” Guys, I don’t think you understand how much appreciated this gift would be.
- Magazine subscription to something your wife is interested in. (Examples: Southern Living, Wine and Food, Real Simple)
- Theater or concert tickets
- An evening downtown or a fun date: Plan everything. Write it down and wrap it in a gift box. A hotel would be a bonus.
- Giftcards to her favorite stores (pedicure places, eyelash places, spas, etc)
- Pieces of dishes from your wedding registry.
- Weekend getaway: Fredericksburg wine trip; trip to Waco and the Magnolia Market, Full Moon Dinner
- An ongoing class (pottery, baking, photography)
Girly gift: What are some things that your wife would enjoy that you don’t care about? These are probably things that would fall under the girly category.
- Jewelry: You can go as cheap or expensive as you like. Target and Charming Charlie have lots of cute necklaces and earings. If you pick something, try to choose something that will go with several outfits (all gold, silver, etc). Some popular names: Kendra Scott, Charming Charlie, Kate Spade, Macy’s, Tiffany
- New underwear (not sexy…(sorry guys) cute comfortable ones from Victoria’s Secret.)
- Perfume: This one smells sooooo good. One our friend’s, Renee, asks Corrin every time she smells it what it is because she likes it. Corrin gets compliments all of the time while wearing it.
- Bath items : Do something different: Get a basket and put a bottle of wine, candles, bubble bath and chocolate in it.
- Purse Here is a cute brown one and a cute black one.
- Proper Bra Fitting: A comfortable bra that fits right can be a game changer for the comfort of your girl. Why not buy a gift card for a place that will do this? Victoria’s Secret also provides this service.
- A good set of knives
- A good set of pots and pans This one is very budget friendly and cute.
- A Roomba
- A Dyson Vacuum
- A gift card for her car to be detailed
- Workout clothes
- Workout shoes
Here are just some other unique suggestions for the person that has everything. Many of them were gifted to me by my friend Kristen who just gives the best gifts!
- Check out these SUPER unique journals from my sweet cousin Leigh and her husband Brett. They are one of a kind! http://junktownrevival.com/
- Does your loved one like tea? This tea comes in the cutest wooden box and tastes amazing!
- The double layer dish. The dish is AWESOME. If you eat pistachios, olives, edomome, etc, you need this dish! I give this dish as a present with a bag of pistachios. It is always a winner. You can also find it on Wayfair for a little cheaper in green.
- I LOVE LOVE LOVE these Made With Love bracelets. My friend gave them to Corrin, Tara, and I when we went on vacation and we wear them all of the time. The bonus is that they are for a great cause (they benefit women and children in Africa).
- Peace To All Who Enter Here (for your front door!)
- Electric Potato Peeler: When I went to Louisiana for Thanksgiving, my mom had one of these. She made her own french fries with it and pealed her potatoes. It was actually pretty cool.
So there you have it. Here are some ideas to help you make this Christmas wonderful for you lady.
My question for you is this: Ladies, what should have been on here as a must?