Corrin and I are over it. We have struggled to get down to our pre-baby weight. Three and a half years later, something has to give.
We spent last year working out a million hours.
We FINALLY get it.
Food is a million times more important than working out so if you don’t have time to work out, watch your food. If you do have time to do some physical workout and clean up your food, you will be on a FASTER track to shedding the extra pounds.
Corrin, Dave, and I have been on Weight Watchers for two weeks and have lost a total of 17 pounds between the three of us and we have had a few social events that we are proud that we did not fall off of the wagon.
Advice from Christa:
- Meal prep is key. Prepping your meals for the week (or even a few days) will help you stay on track. This requires time and planning. Take the time you surf Facebook and spend it instead doing this meal prep. Prep your snacks for the week and put them in small baggies.
- Tracking food is necessary.Do you want to lose it at a slow pace or fast? If you want to do it at a slow pace, track your calories (ex: Myfitnesspal) or join a program like Weight Watchers where you track your food with points. The bottom line is you have to track what you are intaking. This will make you think twice about those potato chips. If you want to lose weight quickly, you have to cut down on your carbs. If you want to lose it quickly, you need to take in around 50 carbs or less a day which is not an easy task.
- Fruit is not always your friend. The new Weight Watchers allows you to have unlimited fruit. I do not agree with this. I spent a few days doing EXCELLENT on my Weight Watchers points. I ate tons of fruit, especially apples. I would lose a pound after several days. This was with me working out every day. When I started tracking my carbs and not eating all of that fruit, the weight came off faster. If you eat fruit, your best bet is blackberries, strawberries, and blueberries.
- Stop making excuses and just do it. If you don’t want to do it, that’s ok. That is your deal but don’t make excuses as to why you can’t because you can.
Advice from Corrin:
- Replace wine with a shot of spirits and water (add a water flavor).
- Cut out soda.
- Use a digital scale.
- Buy lots of storage containers.
- Use The Skinnytaste Cookbook. Its great!
- Get your kids and husband on board.
Advice from Dave:
- Track everything. If you get in the mindset that you have to track everything you eat, then you may skip the handful of goldfish because it is not worth it.
Corrin and I came up with a four day meal plan that is not that hard to follow. If you print out the shopping list, you should have several of the items in your pantry. I made the almost fried chicken dish for my family tonight and added onion rings and a loaf of bread for them. The chicken was really good and super easy.
If you follow this plan for four days, you will for sure lose weight.
Just remember that nothing in life worth having is easy.
My question for you is this:
Who is ready to get to a healthy weight?